The BBC Radio Bristol Alive Appeal Text to Donate
Text to donate Terms & Conditions
1. You can donate to Alive ("the Charity") through The BBC Radio Bristol Alive Appeal by texting the keyword “ALIVE” to shortcode 70700. Your support will result in a £5 donation to the Charity for each text message that you send. Please note that in addition to a £5 donation, you will incur your standard network rate message charge (based on your mobile network operator rates).
2. Please note that you can only donate from a UK mobile and you cannot use this service from a Channel Islands or Isle of Man mobile number.
3. If you donate to the Charity from a UK mobile while abroad, you may incur additional network charges.
4. The mobile network operators below have waived their charges in order to allow the full £5 cost of the reply message (described below) to go entirely to the Charity:
- Virgin Mobile
In addition, HM Treasury have confirmed that no VAT should be charged on these donations.
5. The BBC Radio Bristol Alive Appeal text donation service will be available between 19th June 2018 and 31st January 2019.
6. Please ensure you spell the keyword carefully and send your text message to the correct short code: ALIVE to 70700.
7. If your keyword and short code are valid and your text message is received within the promotion period for the Charity, a £5 charge will be added to your mobile phone bill or deducted from your pre-pay account, plus your standard network message charge It may take some time for you to receive confirmation of your donation. Please wait until you receive it a response as any repeat texts will result in repeat donations.
8. You can donate up to six (6) times (£30) across the campaign to the Charity using the 70700 short code. Any messages sent within the published donation period for the Charity that exceed this limit will be charged at your standard network rate only and will not result in any further donation.
9. Your mobile number will be collected by Tap2Bill Limited and IMImobile (Europe) Limited on behalf of Alive and will only be used to process your donation, provide receipts, process any refunds as necessary.
10. If your keyword or short code are invalid, or your text message is received outside the published times and dates, you may not receive a reply but may still be charged your standard network message rate charge. You will not be charged the donation as you will not be donating to the Charity.
11. All supporters must obtain permission from the bill payer before making a donation via text message. If you are under 16 years of age, you must have your parent or guardian's permission to send a text donation to the Charity.
12. If you would like to contribute more to the Charity, you can find other ways to donate at bbc.co.uk/aliveappeal. All donations made to the Charity are non-refundable.
13. The Charity, the BBC, Tap2Bill Limited, IMImobile (Europe) Limited, and their sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any telephone network or line, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any text being lost or not properly received.
14. If you have any queries regarding the service, please contact The Charity: Alive, Create Centre, Smeaton Road, Bristol, BS1 6XN. Telephone: 0117 377 4756.
15. The Charity is registered with the Charity Commission, and further information can be found on Alive’s Homepage. ALIVE ACTIVITIES LIMITED, 1132708.
17. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales.
Privacy Notice – updated on 09/10/2018