Our in-house training option offers a cost effective and flexible approach for organisations that wish to train up to 12 people.
Offered nationwide, we can come to your care setting or venue of choice. Care home managers describe staff as ‘buzzing’ with ideas after attending training and describe resulting positive changes within their care settings.
Do you want to?
- Enhance the lives of older people in your care by improving their health, independence and social interaction
- Improve your knowledge, skills and confidence in delivering activities for older people
- Care for residents that are happier, more fulfilled and purposeful, with a rich quality of life
- Achieve higher CQC ratings and local authority commissioning objectives
- Invest in your staff, increase their skillset and further their development
Set days- We offer a variety of set in-house training courses which can be delivered nationwide at any of your care settings. Full day courses normally run from 9.30 -3.30, half day from 9.30- 12.30pm and up to 12 care staff can attend.
Bespoke days - We also provide bespoke training on many aspects of person centred care. We plan this alongside you, so it is tailored to the needs of your individual staff and settings.
The course helped me think outside the box particularly about how to motivate the staff. We realised some of the residents find the large lounge with 20+ residents in it can be daunting so we are making smaller areas where, say, 5 or 6 can do something. Many of our residents used to like to read but can no longer read for themselves so a small area where they can be read to or enjoy an audio book is good. Course participant
I do individual work with people and they now recognise me as a friend - someone who will talk to them and engage with them. Course participant
The explanation of how to engage with someone who is withdrawn has helped us enormously. Course participant