This comprehensive training will show ways of connecting and engaging in a meaningful way with people living with later-stage dementia, through a range of creative and therapeutic practices.
At the end of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Engage with people who are harder to reach
- Have improved communication skills – ways to make better connections
- Understand distressed behaviour – validation and putting feelings first
- Make activities meaningful
- Develop multi-sensory techniques
- Enable environments – make the most of your space
- Provide meaningful engagement at end of life
- Feel more confident in connecting with the people they support in a person- centred way
- Feel equipped to engage meaningfully with the people they support in a variety of creative and therapeutic ways
- Understand spontaneous engagement
- Have the skills to offer activities which reflect personhood; enabling the people they support to live well with later-stage dementia
For more information or to book training please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0117 377 4756.
Share this page