Alive provides training and coaching to all care staff who are working in the care sector. Our courses are designed to empower, support and equip carers, whatever capacity they are in.
Our trainers are experts in their field, having both worked in the care sector and have cared for family members. We train with empathy, understanding and knowledge and our courses always allow people to talk and share their experiences as well as learning from and being supported by us.
Central to our belief is that those we are caring for should be at the centre and all engagement and activity should be tailored to them, empowering them to live their lives as fully as possible.
Care staff training and coaching
Alive training enables staff to enrich the lives of older people – putting wellbeing at the heart of care through activities that foster closer relationships and happy environments. We offer:
- A range of in-house day training courses
- An on the job coaching course
- Activity Audits
- Virtual Training for Individual Care Staff
In house day training
Our in-house training offers a cost-effective and flexible approach for organisations that wish to train up to 12 people at a time.
Choose from a variety of inspiring set training courses, or we can create a bespoke course on any aspect of person-centred care. We plan this with you, so it is tailored to the needs of your individual staff and settings. Offered nationwide, we can come to your care setting or venue of choice.
Care home managers describe staff as ‘buzzing’ with ideas after attending training and describe resulting positive changes within their care settings.
Half day course titles:
- Engaging People Living with Dementia
- Understanding Distressed Behaviours
- Managing volunteers in a Care Home
- Connecting with your Community
- The Power of Music and Dementia
- Enriched Environments – Making your Care Home Engaging
- Equality and Diversity in Activities for Older People
- Multi-Sensory Engagement
- Co-Producing Activities
Full day course titles:
- Life Story Work and Reminiscence
- Getting Started in Activities
- Integrating Nature Based Activities into Everyday
- Living Well with Later-Stage Dementia
- Touchscreen Technology and Older People
- Volunteering in a care home – for volunteers
- Meaningful Activities for Everyone
- Team Building – The Whole Home Approach to Activities and Engagement
Bespoke day: £800
Full day: £600
Half day: £300
Download our Training Brochures:
Why don’t you book your training today! Please call the office on 0117 377 4756 or email at email@example.com. We would love to support your staff in delivering high-quality meaningful engagement that enriches the lives of your residents.