This training will explore the use of music in connecting with people who are living with dementia. We will look at the many different ways that music can be used in meaningful activities, from exploring life stories, to reminiscence, to creating music and moving to music.
At the end of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Understand why music matters and the feelings behind music
- Use personalised music to make activities meaningful
- Explore life stories using music
- Use music as an environment
- Feel confident in singing together
- Explore ways to create music together
- Understand how music works for people living with dementia
- Understand how to stimulate memories using music
- Find ways to get to know the people they support on a deeper level using music
- Feel confident in using music in a way that is meaningful and enjoyable for the people they support.
For more information or to book training please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0117 377 4756.
Share this page