This half-day course provides attendees with techniques that will help them be more effective in their interactions with people living with dementia.
Attendees will learn a variety of methods of creating and sustaining engagement that will benefit the wellbeing of people at all stages of the dementia journey.
At the end of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Understand how dementia may affect memory, understanding and perception
- Identify where an individual may be on their journey with dementia, enabling them to tailor their approach appropriately
- Understand the importance of non-verbal communication and how this can help enhance meaningful interaction
- Identify and overcome some of the obstacles to communication and engagement
- Learn the principles of effective connection and how to put these into practice
- Explore ways of creating and sustaining engagement in both group settings and one-toone
- Understand the importance of validation and put it into practice
- Address the underlying needs, often expressed as ‘distressed behaviour’
For more information please call Alive on 0117 377 4756 or email email@example.com