This one day course will equip attendees with the confidence and ideas to facilitate a variety of rich activities that are truly meaningful to the people they support.
The activities will benefit older people socially, emotionally, physically and psychologically.
At the end of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Encourage meaningful occupation that gives a sense of purpose and achievement
- Enhance the daily living experience of the people they support by providing a stimulating environment full of varied activities
- Occupy and engage the people they support through both structured activity sessions and spontaneous engagement
- Plan and facilitate enjoyable activities for people with a range of needs and abilities
- Identify a range of activities that improve the wellbeing of people living with dementia
- Understand what ‘meaningful activity’ means and how to incorporate it into each person’s daily life
- Lead reminiscence and life story activities that are tailored to the older people they support
- Use a range of creative approaches (including use of music, poetry, gentle movement and touchscreen technology) to enable people to learn new things, feel inspired and enjoy life
- Facilitate activities that result in physical benefits and help to prevent falls
For more information or to book training please contact us at email@example.com or call us on 0117 377 4756.