This one-day course will develop skills, knowledge and confidence in using touchscreen technology as a means of enriching the lives of older people.
No prior knowledge of tablets is necessary, and iPads will be provided on the day.
At the end of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Use touchscreen technology for facilitating a range of group and one-to-one activities which impact positively on older people’s wellbeing
- Use touchscreen technology in a sensitive, person-centred way to build closer relationships within the care setting
- Lead imaginative reminiscence and life story work activities that are tailored to the older people they support
- Use touchscreen technology in supporting people to follow their interests, be creative, have fun and stay connected to the outside world
- Introduce touchscreens to people who are new to the technology
- Use apps to access information, images, archive film, sound and music that will support people to connect to memories, people, places or experiences that are special to them
- Use associated touchscreen technology equipment (projector, projector screen, TV linking, to add variety and richness to activities)
For more information or to book training please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0117 377 4756.