This training outlines the ways that you can bring nature based activities and engagement for older people into your care setting. We will explore ways that you can support your residents to get the most from nature based interactions in a way that is safe, but also meaningful to them.
At the end of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Plan nature-based activities into the everyday
- Understand the health and wellbeing benefits of nature connectedness for the people they support
- Support older people to engage with nature in a way that is meaningful for them
- Facilitate engagement for all needs
- Plan multi-sensory nature based activities
- Plan garden based activities that meet people’s needs
- Understand positive risk taking in the garden
- Stimulate memories using nature based engagement
- Have better skills, knowledge and confidence in how to engage the people they support through nature based activities
- Have an increased understanding of how nature based activities can support a better experience of care for both residents and staff
- Feel more skilled at offering a range of nature interactions for the people they support
For more information or to book training please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0117 377 4756.