This half-day course will inspire attendees to explore ways in which they can connect with and enrich the lives of the people they support through using multi-sensory engagement.
This training is designed for attendees who are supporting people who are living with complex needs, including advanced dementia, and people receiving end of life care.
At the end of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Explore different techniques in using multi-sensory stimuli in engaging with people who are harder to reach.
- Understand ways of using multi-sensory engagement to support people who are anxious or distressed.
- Plan and design enriched multi-sensory environments for their care setting. Understand how to make multi-sensory engagement meaningful for each person they support.
- Use techniques to offer gentle sensory support for people who are at end of life.
- Use a variety of resources in sensory stimuli, from tangible objects, music, poetry, to touch-screen technology.
For more information or to book training please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0117 377 4756.