This half day course is designed for volunteers who are new to a care home setting but is applicable to anyone who is entering a care home for the first time.
The course will help prepare volunteers for the environment of a care home and give them an understanding of frailty, sensory impairments and dementia and how to communicate with people living with them. In addition to this is will help volunteers understand what is or isn’t their role, how care homes are structured and basic safeguarding.
At the end of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Use a Person-Centred Approach
- Know what to expect in care settings
- Understand boundaries of the role
- Support communication with older people
- Understand how dementia may affect memory, understanding and perception
- Learn the principles of effective communication with people who are living with sensory impairments
- Supporting vulnerable older people who are living with complex needs and conditions.
- Understand and practice safeguarding
For more information or to book training please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0117 377 4756.