Alive’s ‘Engaging with Dementia’ workshop supports those who are caring for, or who have a family member living with dementia.
Designed to help you understand more about dementia, it will also help you to communicate and engage with your loved one.
Helping you to connect better with those you love
Caring for or loving someone with dementia, knowing how to communicate or what to say can be challenging.
Alive’s ’Engaging with dementia’ workshop will give you ideas, tips and techniques to understand how to communicate and understand better those who are living with dementia.
Run by our experienced trainers who have helped to care and love someone living with dementia, this course will give you space to talk and listen to others in a similar situation.
Those who come will:
- Receive ideas on personalised activity and engagement
- Continue to see the person – not just the dementia
- Learn about the different stages of dementia and how to adapt communication and activity
- Receive strategies to overcome communication barriers
- Learn how to connect with your loved ones using practical tips
- Meet others in similar situations
- Have the chance to ask questions
We are currently delivering this training online. We have the following upcoming dates:
Friday 9th October 2020 at 10:00
Thursday 3rd December 2020 at 10:00
Wednesday 27th January 2021 at 10:00
To book on to this workshop, please click on the relevant date and register through Eventbrite.
For more information please call Alive on 0117 377 4756 or email email@example.com