This training is ideal for care home staff who are new to the role of Activities Co-ordinator / Well-being Co-ordinator, or longer-term staff who would like a refresher course. The training shows ways of developing good practice and working in a person-centred way.
At the end of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Understand the importance of meaningful engagement for all
- Know how to plan activities that are meaningful and person-centred with the people you support
- Feel confident in facilitating meaningful activities for people living with dementia
- Find new ways in exploring life stories
- Plan an inclusive programme of activities
- Record and evaluate assessment tools to get the balance right
- Use engagement assessment tools to get the balance right
- Feel equipped with useful resources
- Increase their activity offer to enhance the well-being of the people they support
- Feel skilled in facilitating both group activities and one to one engagement
- Understand how to make all engagement meaningful and person-centred.
For more information or to book training please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0117 377 4756.
Share this page